Re: sunlite

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:05:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, DAVID DISTEFANO wrote:

> My green house doesn't use glass. I built it with the same plastic they
> use in commercial greenhouses. Will this cut out some of the UV light

David, that depends on the plastic, which may have more variety than
glass. I remember when they sold a contact frame with supposedly "UV
transmitting plastic." My tests showed it transmitted about 7.5 % more.

But the UV-proof picture framing or laminations are another kind of
plastic, and supposedly cut UV out, or down. That should be an easy test,
however.

Judy