RE: mylar & jobos

Hal Faulkner (faulkner@redshift.com)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:18:42 -0800

Rob,

I know of at least one person who has used the 3006 drum with a standard
motor base for processing sheet film. It lacks the convenience of the lift
and the agitation is a bit slow compared to a CPP of CPA processor, but the
results are even. Times might be a bit longer than if you were using the
actual processor but you'll figure out that stuff for yourself anyway.

Hal Faulkner

mailto:faulkner@redshift.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Altomonte [mailto:alto@nextek.net]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 1999 11:26 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: mylar & jobos

2 quick questions. Is there another place to buy 1 mil mylar other than
Light Impressions? (they're backordered). Also, must you use a jobo
processor (CPP2, etc.) when using the expert drums? Midwest Photo
Exchange has one cheap that fits up to 5X7 but I don't want to spring
for a processor. In other words, can I use the expert drum on its own
with my own "rotary motor" or whatever they're called? I've emailed jobo
twice to no avail. thanks.
rob altomonte
alto@nextek.net