How to unsubscribe, OK?

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 01:17:03 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999 Westrnview@aol.com wrote:

> on 3-11, I sent a request to unsubscribe from alt photo list. As of 3-17 still
> receiving mail please remove me from the list at your earliest convenience.
> thanks,
> chris

Dear Chris, your problem is that you're doing it wrong, as Hillary
Clinton, Bob Maxey, and many others have been trying to tell you, for
weeks and weeks. Don't you read the mail?

The message goes to the SAME PLACE YOU SUBSCRIBED FROM --

Remember? That's,

alt-photo-process-request@usask.ca

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Make that your address line. When you send to regular alt-photo the
request comes to us. We're sorry to lose you, but have enough mail. And
poor Gord has to pick you off manually.

Leave the subject line blank. Blank. No need to tell the computer your
intentions.

In the body of the message goes NOT the line above, but:

unsubscribe alt-photo-process-l

Note please that's "L" as in list, not 1 as in numero uno. The
computer may or may not figure it out, but it's always better to do it
right. Which is why I share this information... again.

Martha Stewart