Tactile Development with brushes etc.,

Grafist@aol.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:04:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi Offbeat Brush users, Back in the sixties I used to swab diluted PQ dev.
over lith document sheets up to 24 X 20 after covering a melamine faced sheet
of plywood with water to stick the paper down. The dev. was applied with a
plastic foam bath sponge. Since I have given up the use of silver based
printing materials, but have been using very soft foam rollers to coat gum
type pigment solutions onto paper, I wonder if these rollers would apply dev.
to lith film. I imagine that the actual abrasion would be less with a roller
though I am prepared to agree that brushes etc., do not make scratches if the
tools are free from grit and you have a light touch. I am assuming that this
thread started relative to ways of developing large format without using large
trays. I must have missed the original posting.
           This thought just crossed my mind. Think I will go and try it in
reality.........next week during the Easter break.
Best wishes with photo experiments. John Grocott Photographist (London UK)