Pyro, Jobo, and Beseler (not a law firm)

Gary Miller (gmphotos@earthlink.net)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:56:11 -0800

I recently developed by first sheets of 8x10 Tri-X (EI 200) in Rollo pyro
(1:2:75) in a Jobo 3005 Expert Drum on a Beseler motor base. Normal
development time at 70 F was 9 mins (total time including filling, etc). My
negatives came out beautifully, no marks from the anit-halation dyes not
being fully removed, smooth, full, even staining of a nice level, and near
perfect contrast when contact printed on VC silver paper with no filter. I
followed the procedure below which is from 'The New Platinum Print'. Thanks
to all on the list who have been discussing pyro development in recent
months. Special thanks to Carl Weese and Richard Sullivan for their inputs.
All this information saved me a great deal of time.

-Pre-soak, 5 mins, 500 ml Na metaborate solution (1/2 teaspoon per liter of
water)
-Development, 9 mins, 70 F, Rollo pyro (1:2:75, 15 ml Solution A, 30 ml
Solution B, 1000 ml water)
-2 750ml water washes for about 1 minute each while the tank is rotating.
-Fixer (non hardening), 350 ml, 5 mins
-2 750ml water washes for about 1 minute each while the tank is rotating
-500 ml Na metaborate solution, 2 mins
-Final wash, 20 mins in archival paper washer
-30 secs in very dilute Photo Flo 200 solution
-Dry

If there are any questions please e-mail me off line at:
gmphotos@earthlink.net

Gary Miller