Re: paper and air polllution

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:17:15 -0500

Texte du message écrit par INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>Are you sure the RH was the same as normal?
<

yes the Rh was 55% and I work between 50% and 60%. and the temparature too.
When it first act I think it was a grainy problem and buffer problem with
the paper I was tested.
But as I print on arches platine it did the same . I begin to look to
everything which could change in my lab.
first I made a new bath of ferric oxalate (as the neg I print take 4 time
more than usually), no change.
I then made a new bath of liPd , but no change too.
I think it was tween wicvh getting older , but same bad result.
I try six 10 diffferent paper I have in my lab on some I got good result
but in fact they are in the center of the stack.

then I cut a new stack of arches platine in is box, humidify it, and I made
a good print
I let some sheet of this paper in my lab to work on it the day after.
and when I printed , it came again," bad print".
As I checked everything and every things looks ok. all the paper looks
right.
I realized that the only change was the vanilla smell in the air.
I cut this electric system for a smelling good area .
ventilated my lab .took new sheet print on it good result , let it in my
lab print the day after , good print.

so I thinks it is this odor system which make my paper unusable.

regards
nze christian