pyro question

Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 12:33:36 -0700

Hi Folks,

Happy Easter and Passover to all.

This is a question for all the pyro-maniacs out there.

I recently re-read Dick Sullivan and Carl Weese's book the New Platinum
Print and was a bit confused on the suject of film development with pyro.
When you are testing the range of a negative, should one read with the
densitometer in the cyan mode to bypass the stain or in black mode for
silver density only? Are we concerned with the total density of the silve
image AND stain or just the density of the silver image? Sorry, I may be
just be a little brain fogged this week. Thanks.

Joe Portale

BTW..The book is very good. Great work guys!