Daguerreotype: I was wrong

Jerry Orabona (jorabona@jerryo.com)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 14:43:21 -0400

About this time last year John DeLuca wrote a post about a student of his
attempting Daguerreotypes. I replied that I thought the results were not
worth the risk, why bother with the process, yada yada... flame wars of
legendary proportions ensued.

Well, John's student started making photos this week; the results are
stunning and much more interesting than the faded, speckled vintage
Daguerreotypes I've seen.

Am I convinced to try the process ? Well no Bromine and I are better off
kept separate but I am glad Deluca and company plowed on.

Jerry

http://kmcamera.com