Re: further adventures with Rising/Zia

David Michael Kennedy (david@davidmichaelkennedy.com)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 20:40:18 -0600

    It was two 500 sheet orders about 4 months apart. Rising is very uptight about platinum/palladium printers and have said that their paper is not intended for the purpose and they do not recommend it for that purpose. I believe the lot #'s have been removed so that it is harder to tell them that there is a difference in the paper even in the same lot #, which there is. The big 500 sheet cartons that the 100 sheet packages come in still carry the lot numbers. Now this may of been just something I experienced but the last 10 100 sheet containers did not in fact have lot #'s.
David
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Eric Neilsen <e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
    To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
    Date: Monday, April 05, 1999 7:05 PM
    Subject: Re: further adventures with Rising/Zia

    David, Was that one order of 1000 sheets in 10 packages or 10 different 100 sheet orders? I could see that if you ordered directly, they (Rising) would know what you had received from them and not bothered with a lot #. Or did you have them make a special batch for you? Once you had commented working closely with Rising on some paper problems.

         Rising has now removed lot #'s from the 100 sheet packages of their paper. at least the last 1,000 sheet i've gotten have been without them.David