Re: pyro question

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:12:27 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, Carl Weese wrote:

> about how the pyro stain interacts with some of the other alternate
> processes of interest here? Does the negative that prints ok in either
> silver or Pt because of the pyro development also print in cyanotype
> (which with a traditional simple silver negative needs a gamma
> intermediate between those two) or Van Dyk Brown? ---Carl

..I was able to boost negatives via bleaching and re-developing in Pyro
for Cyanotype and Ziatype. The starting negative had too little density
for a good Cyanotype ie adequate density for a Silvergelatine print, grade
2. After Pyro re-development it printed perfect for Cyanotype, but needed
dichromate contrast boost for a good Ziatype. An negative which held
barely enough density for a Cyanotype became too "dense" after
pyro-treatment, but printed perfect for a Ziatype. So therer seems to de a
more or less linear relation ship..but I did not do enough testing to be
conclusive on this..I also read somewere that one could repeat the
bleach/re-develop cycle to increase the stain..did not try this though..

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/ir-gallery.html