Re: 6.5 X 8.5 Negative Storage

Richard Bolt (dick.bolt@gsfc.nasa.gov)
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 07:31:55 -0400

Likely not approved, but I am using freezer bags that take 8X10 old glass
negatives.
Dick

>>Some months back I acquired a 6.5 X 8.5 Gundlach Criterion View, and after
>>a fair amount of restoration work have finally started to make negatives
>>with the camera. Any suggestions for a good negative storge system for this
>>format? I would be especially interested to know if there are any plastic
>>sleeves or envelopes for this format, or sleeves or envelopes which I could
>>easily adapt to the format.
>>
>>If there are any 6.5 X 8.5 users out there with suggestions, help!
>>
>>Sandy King
>
>You can just use 8x10- they are close enough.
> Or you could get some 8.5 by 14 archival card or some other legal size paper
>and fold it in half.
>I fold 16x20 cards in half to keep my 8x20 negs. Works just fine- Jamie

Life member and one of 4 founders of the 20 yr+ old PHSNE, Photographic
Historical Soc. of New England, now over 600+ world-wide. Collector of
Antique Cameras plus Collector & historian of US Salt Print Industry (
1850-1859).
*My main webb page http://www.his.com/~dickbolt/
Rebuilding my Photo History Page slowly:
http://westwood.fortunecity.com/isaac/571/