Re: Book search

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:12 +0100 (BST)

> Hi Gary - The two best I've found are "Creative Elements: Darkroom
> Techniques
> for Landscape Photography" by Eddie Ephrams and "The Photographer's
> Master
> Printing Course" by Tim Rudman. The emphasis in Eddie Ephrams book is
> on toning.

Forgot to mention that Eddie Ephraums is also the editor of the Ag+
photographic periodical that I mentioned in my post. Note the spelling of
the name which may help in finding the book.

Ag+ - the original book and the periodical which amplifies and updates
this is worth anyone with an interest in darkroom work getting hold of. It
has also published quite a lot specifically related to alternative
processes - and with extremely well-printed examples.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/