Re: 1st try at Lawless Lith Film Reversal

Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro@greco.com.br)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:03:38 -0300

Hi Dave,

> But one should really do a step wedge test with base exposure covering the
> toe and shoulder, then with the same base exposure, do a range of flashing
> test, then everything will become perfectly clear.

Yes, I agree with it entirely and thank you for your explanation on films and
specially lith film. It's not easy to understand all those things but I am glad
I'm progressing.
I was just trying to point out that you can't just build a flash exposure table
with a step wedge and relly on that entirelly without considering film base fog
and the lack of it for flashing. For avoid considering the calculations involved
in determining the exposure gap with the enlarger without a negative in the
carrier, I usually insert an unexposed piece of the same negative film I am
working with in a second negative carrier and turn it out of focus when flashing
to avoid any visible dust to spot the film.
I do think step wedges are important (can't live without it anymore)!