Re: 1st try at Lawless Lith Film Reversal

FotoDave@aol.com
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:56:42 -0400 (EDT)

> If you're
> going to flash for any factor of the exposure light, you have to establish
> some kind of ratio between the flashing light & the enlarger light. I'm
> not the kind of person who could derive that *theoretically,* but I
> imagine it ought to be establishable in a test strip easily enough....

Hi Judy,

Yes, since the characteristic of the film with a particular developer,
dilution and time is the same regardless of the light source, one could print
a step tablet with the flashing light and have all the needed information;
but I agree it is a little theoretical and mathematical, so a test-strip
approach might be easier for many.

> Or I guess those who have one would use an enlarging meter?

Yes, EM-10 would be a good buy if you are not using it. It will be very worth
it and is much cheaper than a Photoshop upgrade or maybe a digital output.
:)

Dave S