Re: ceramic images

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:26:40 -0600

>>Why not try multiple gum or temperaprint ? Just proceed in the usual way,
>>only use ceramic pigments or salts. Pigments are kind of difficult just
as
>>it is difficult to use dry pigments for gum in general. We tried
>>Phototempera a la Peter Charles Fredrick at Can Serrat last year and I
just
>>continued with it further, when I came home. It works just fine with both
>>pigments and stains. I would recommend that to a newby, as one needs to
know
>>a bit more about chemistry in order to use salts in combination with the
>>dichromates.

The biggest problem is that the dichromate emulsion are a hazard to breath.
If you do not have a kiln, make sure the person/company you use to fire the
materials understands that the firing process releases hazardous fumes.

Basically, you are using a dichromate sensitizer, a carrier and the ceramic
glazes. Tiles are coated, dried, exposed and water developed. After drying,
they are fired in a kiln.

RM