Re: 120 Pan F/PMK??

Kallitype (terryroth@earthlink.net)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 06:54:00 -0700

William Laven wrote:

> I'm asking for a friend without email: Has anyone tried 120mmPan F in PMK
> or Rollo Pyro? Any comments re: its curve, grain, etc. Also any recc's
> re:development times/temps? Its for conventional (aghast!) silver
> projection enlargements.
>
> Thanks.

> WILLIAM LAVEN PHOTOGRAPHY
>
> Workshops and tutorials in Platinum/Palladium printing and Zone System.
>
> 1931 23rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
> 415-647-9432 (voice) 415-647-9438 (fax)
> wmlaven@platinotype.com
> http://www.platinotype.com

I used this combo--Pan F with PMK pyro in conventional tank. Very nice
results, using 11-12 minutes at 70 deg F. Grain is negligible, very
creamy mid-tones, such as blue sky. Fairly steep straight portion of
curve, nice rolloff. Very high resolution, but pretty marginal for
subdued light situation. Best use outdoors with bright skylight but not
direct desert sun (empty shadows).