Re: mysterious whorls

SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:25:40 -0400 (EDT)

Many things have been tried to get rid of Newton's rings. They often occur in
glass slide carriers.

Are you putting the film emulsion to emulsion or otherwise? You could try
different orientations. You might also be getting Newton's rings between
the film and the glass of the print frame. Again, you could try different
arrangements. You should be able to see the Newton's rings if they are present
but you might have to look closely.
I have heard of people using a very light dusting of talcum powder to eliminate
Newton's rings, but I have never tried it. I would try rearranging the
film first.

Bob Schramm