Fw: Photohistorica 2000 incorporating APIS 2000

Campos & Davis Photos (photos@campos-davis.co.uk)
Fri, 07 May 1999 01:10:58 +0100

I have been asked to pass this on to list members.

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road
London N10 2BT
Tel/Fax + 44 181 883 8638
email: photos@campos-davis.co.uk
WEB SITE: http://www.campos-davis.co.uk

----------------------

Art and craft of photography

Hello everyone.

We have now held the meeting to coordinate the RPS and the Historical
Group's approach to this Conference. We have changed both the name and the
date but the conference stays much the same. I would be grateful if
Richard Davis could copy this to the altphoto list and if others could
spread the word. I would be grateful if those who have already answered
could confirm that the change of date has not changed the status of their
interest.

PHOTOHISTORICA 2000 incorporating APIS 2000
The conference will be held at the magnificent eighteenth century Guildhall
in Bath on Thursday 12, Friday 13 and Saturday 14 October 2000.

A special exhibition arising from the themes of the Conference will be held
at the Guildhall while A MAJOR EXHIBITION from the COLLECTIONS of the ROYAL
PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY will run concurrently at The Octagon in Bath.

There will be fairs for the sale of historic prints and books, contemporary
prints using alternative processes and cameras and equipment at the
Guildhall on Sunday 15 October.
 2000.

There will also be a special trip to Lacock Abbey and the Fox Talbot
Museum.

The four concurrent themes, introducing an element of competition, will be
:

1. The History of the History of Photography

2. The economic, social and cultural significance of photography

3. APIS 2000 including the development of photographic and photomechanical
processes

4. The development of cameras and equipment.

Call for Papers

Those wishing to submit papers for the conference should send a synopsis of
up to one page of A4 by the end of September 1999 to

Terry King
Hands-On Pictures
Studio 7,
Dickson House,