Re: Modified Zia formula

Gary Miller (gmphotos@earthlink.net)
Fri, 07 May 1999 22:59:53 -0700

Jeff;

Reading through your modified Zia formula may have answered some of the
questions that I have posed recently on the subject. Whereas I have been
recommended to use 12 drops of metal salts and 12 drops of afo, I find that
I can only get a nice even coat with a glass rod on Crane's Platinotype that
has been cool humidified prior to coating, if I move up into the about 18
drops range. Most often I have been using 20 drops of afo and 20 drops of
LiPd with 1 or 2 drops of Tween 20. This gives me what I believe to be
richer prints, better blacks, and cooler tones. These prints resemble a
classic Pt print. I think that I will try some of your modifications.
Thanks for doing the chemistry.

Gary Miller