Re: Cyanotype formula comparison

SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU
Sun, 09 May 1999 12:05:01 -0400 (EDT)

Dave S. et al,

I may be teaching a workshop in June in Montana so I will need to hold on to
the prints until then.

One way might be for me to do an article for Judy on my cyanotype tests since
I tested a lot of other stuff like paper, toning, drying etc. If Judy does
not want the article, then I could certainly send the prints to you. I do
not have a scanner or website.

I always start beginning alt process printers with cyanotype because it is
so easy to get a nice print and not as toxic as other processes. However,
cyano fools you. If you want a great print you have to do a lot more work.

Because it is such a simple and (apparently) easy process, I think it is
ignored in favor of more exotic processes. But cyano is capable of giving
really great prints, especially if you get into toning.

Bob Schramm