Re: Modified Zia formula

Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 09 May 1999 00:25:57 -0500

"Jeffrey D. Mathias" wrote:

> I seem to recall someone posting a question a few days ago concerning a
> milky appearance of some Zia prints; this may help address that issue.
>
> I tried out some Ziatype at an ambient 70 % humidity just for the
> halibut and found some interesting results. On two of two occasions the
> modified formula as posted earlier produced fine prints. Well low and
> behold, the published formula produced prints with milky splotches on
> them. These splotches certainly looked like the result of a weak
> chemistry.
>
> This certainly is consistent with my other observations, although I
> don't know why it decided to manifest itself at the higher humidity.

It may have something to do with thinner/weaker coatings are faster but also
less deep or rich and that the higher humidity, which also causes an
increase in print speed , is giving the appearance of a well exposed
print. But since the coating was thin and fast, you can see the paper
fiber, The milkyness, through the black?

--
Eric J. Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite #9