blowing talc / Re: thank you ...

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 11 May 1999 13:31:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Chris Stone wrote:

> I'd like to thank everyone for the helpful suggestions on eliminating
> Newton's rings from enlarged negatives. The talc did the trick,
> although apparently it takes practice to get an appropriately delicate
> poof rather than a cake-dusting blast. Maybe an atomizer? ... --
> Matthew Hoffman

Matthew, put the talc in one of the plastic containers with a pointy
spout, like for mustard or ketchup. Make a *pouf* up into the air. Wait
until all the talc you SEE has fallen, then stick your surface into the
fallout zone. Enough little lighter slower particles to coat your glass
delicately are still falling, believe it or not. In this operation a very
little goes a long way.

Judy