Re: Carbon Transfer bubbles

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Tue, 11 May 1999 20:51:31 -0400

After you mix the pigmented gelation solution place the container in a warm
water bath and allow it to stand until the bubbles go away. This could vary
in time from 20 minutes to several hours depending on your mixing
procedures. Just before making the tissue you might add a few ml of alcohol
or Thymol/alcohol solution to the pigmented gelatin to dissipate the
bubbles.

As for the second part of your question, I assume this refers to the final
support. My advice to you is to work with fixed out photographic paper
until you perfect other areas of your carbon work. I like especially matte
surfaces and those with a lot of texture (Kodak R type surfaces and
equivalents, for example).

Sandy King