Re: Modified Zia formula

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Mon, 10 May 1999 18:25:16 -0400

Nze christian wrote:

> I also think that some variation can be made to the traditionnal platinum
> process to give a control on the color and the contrast.

OK, let's hear it! <s>

The standard controls are the balance of Pd to Pt, the use of
contrasting agents (potassium chlorate or hydrogen peroxide in the
sensitizer, hydrogen peroxide or potassium dichromate in the developer)
and choice of paper -- where the color of the paper itself is a factor,
the chemical reaction of the paper's sizing to the sensitizer can have a
dramatic effect, and where a thin, translucent paper can be influenced
by its backing material. What else have you come up with, Nze?

---Carl