Carbon Matrix bubbles

Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-dejanews.com)
Tue, 11 May 1999 00:42:57 -0700

Hello!

So far my carbon prints have workworked out well. I have encountered in some of the tissue what appears like thousand of pin sized bubbles. They remind me of the bubbles in soda. Any advice on getting the little bubbles out of the liquid gelatin before I pour?

I bought some plexiglass. I used a router to make different sized frames. The matt board would get to distorted by the liquid and I could only use it one time.

If my reading of the archives is correct, the gelatin (matrix) dries on the plexiglass, and is then removed and attached to paper for exposure. This would leave the mirror smooth surface for exposure and later transfer to the final paper. Am I correct?

I've already had gelatin peel off overhead transparency material. I just soaked the matrix and attached to a new sheet of poster board. Worked fine.

Can a glob of set gelatin mixture be re liquified? I have a lump of spilled mixture.

Well thanks for everyones help!

Mac Legrandi

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/ Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums