RE: Cyanotype formula comparison and Splotches

Inis Glas Productions (inisglas@seanet.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 17:13:02 -0700

All:

I was inspired by the 2:1 (a:b) cyanotype tests earlier on the list, so I
coated some sheets of Canson 100 lb. acid-free Bristol paper. I immediately
noticed that the coating was splotchy on my first sheet. I washed the
coating rod with soap, rinsed, dried it on a lint-free towel and tried
coating another sheet. Same thing.

Exposed paper in frame with negative (24 mins in the powerful Seattle
sunlight), and rinsed 5 mins. Portions under negative look fine, good dmax,
almost black, but the border outside the negative area look splotched.

Any ideas?

Gordon Cooper
Seattle, WA