Re: Angels Dancing on Pin Heads. Was Re: Ilford

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Wed, 19 May 1999 07:39:25 -0400

Sandy,

The first times I tried single sheet development "for the ultimate
negative" as one reads many places, my results using the usual
recommendation to agitate by succesively lifting each corner of the
tray, were just dreadful. I couldn't figure how anyone got decent
results this way, and still can't. But then I tried agitating large
sheets by lifting, draining briefly, replacing in the tray, then lift
and drain from opposite corner, in a slow but continuous pattern.
Resulting negatives are wonderful. I think you use still another rather
different agitation technique.

---Carl