Re: Indoors film speed

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 19 May 1999 20:07:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 May 1999, John Erbes wrote:

> Gary,
> It's my understanding that film speeds are slower indoors typically by a
> stop or so as compared to their rated outdoor speed. I don't know why,
> but I'm sure that someone on the list will explain.
>
> John Erbes

I have tested this and found it true... assume it's the actinic quality of
the light... probably more broad-spectrum outdoors, hits on more
cylinders, so to speak.

In addition, it's possible the light outdoors was more contrasty, which
would give the up part a bit of a zetz -- don't remember whether Gary
mentioned that or not...

Judy