Re: European Sources and Services

Carl Fransman (salto@salto.be)
Thu, 20 May 1999 11:19:36 +0100

Here are some addresses I know of people involved in or supplying
material and equipment to the alt-photo scene in Europe...

Kontraste in Germany: supplier of B&S chemistry and nice downloadable
catalog on their site
http://www.kontraste.com/

alternative photo in Finland:
http://www.uiah.fi/~pnikrus/adpi/adpi.html

HÉLiOS, Association pour la Pratique des Procédés Photographiques
Méconnus - france
http://perso.club-internet.fr/agayster/

altphotoFR - france
http://perso.club-internet.fr/jdlemoin/

Nze Christian: Pt and ziatype printing expert... - france
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/nzec/

Klaus Pollmeier: alt photo expert and supplier of Hanfstaengel carbon
tissue - germany
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kpollmeier/

El Web de la Fotografía Alternativa - spain
http://www.teleline.es/personal/mec00001/

Mike Ware: very knowledgeable person on altphoto - chemistry buff -
interesting site - UK
http://www.mikeware.demon.co.uk/

Monochrom Photo Products - germany (have a very nice catalog)
http://www.mono-c.de

Jeff Stanford's Photogum site - sweden
http://www.algonet.se/~photogum

SilverPrint - large supplier of chemistry and darkroom equipment - UK
http://www.silverprint.demon.co.uk/
or
http://www.silverprint.co.uk/

Bergger: if you need very large format film or specialty (silver) paper -
france
http://www.bergger.fr/

Prophot: shop with some interesting equipment - france
http://www.photographie.com/prophot/index.html

Photogramme: supplies chemistry and equipment for alt photo in Belgium
http://freezone.exmachina.net/photogramme/

Amanda Lane: research project on Collotype printing
amandal@clara.co.uk

Roger Kockaerts - Belgium - I've lost his address but he's into
restoration and pt-printing and imports platinotype paper here.

I'm sure this list is not complete and we probably need some sort of
centralized address book. Maybe something annex to the alt-photo list?

Greetings,

Carl Fransman

SALTO
Printing & Lithography