HOAX: government trying to charge for email!!

Michael Keller (keller@wvinter.net)
Thu, 20 May 1999 22:42:23 -0400

This is the Canadian tax hoax recycled. In fact, the same Tony Schnell is mentioned (as an NB
whatever that is) in the Canadian hoax.. Check out
http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/blemtax.htm?pid=2733&cob=home for some real scoop
about this non-issue.

This is an opportunity for education. PLEASE do not post items like this to an email list. I
know that receiving something from a boss is akin to having it handed down by God, but
eventually we learn that our bosses, our parents, our coworkers and our spouses don't know
everything, and that stuff like this should be checked out BEFORE passing it on, in spite of
what the email says. (in fact, the certain hallmark of a hoax or chain letter is the urgent
request to pass it on to everyone you know) Check out virus warnings, chain letters, petitions
and so forth at

http://ciac.org/
http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/
http://host20.bluehill.com/snopes/

before ever passing them on. Odds are, you won't pass them after that. In fact, the sites make
for enjoyable reading, and you'll learn to recognize the BS and not embarass yourself again.

Now back to alt-photo