Re: Platinum/Palladium book

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 28 May 1999 00:57:06 -0400

Nick Silva wrote:
> What would people consider an easy to understand primer for
> platinum/palladium printing, with an emphasis on digital negs? I've got Dan
> Burkholder's book, but that doesn't seem to offer much in the way of plat
> info.

The guide on my web site has tried and true set-by-step information on
Pt/Pd printing at no charge. Although I do not have any information on
digital negatives, the info by Dan is excellent.

> And is there a source for pre-coated plat/pal paper, as well as pop?

If you qualify this by <good> pre-coated Pt/Pd paper, the answer is NO.
A Pt/Pd coating will degrade with time even if hermetically sealed.
Plus you'll be at the mercy of someone else's control. Don't waste your
money with an inferior product. For the cost of Pt/Pd it is far better
to but the dry chemicals, mix them yourself, and coat yourself. For
POP, try the Zia chemistry. Please do the craft of Pt/Pd a favor and
learn to coat your own prints.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/