Re: darkroom waste water

Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Sat, 29 May 1999 06:52:10 -0700

Subject: Re: darkroom waste water

> > flushing down the drain with adequate water is satisfactory. We're
> >talking small darkrooms here...
>
> Yes but many small darkrooms flushing chemicals down the drain is really
> not good for your local water supply.

I would earnestly like to understand how wastewater would effect my supply
of water. Am I drinking washing machine soap?

> If anybody takes the extra effort to try to dispose of their darkroom
waste
> in an enviormently freindy manor that's awsome.

During th e1977 draught in Monterey County, California, we in the closed
community of Pebble Beach all put a brick in our toilet resivoirs. It
caused a great build up of sludge in the sewer systems because of a lack of
proper drainage water. The sewers, in order to carry waste to the
wastewater control needs a certain amount of water. Talk about awsome. The
conservation of water worked so well, the sewage clogged the system.

S. Shapiro