re: chemicals to Canada + darkrooms & water

Graham (cmm@vianet.on.ca)
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 16:40:41 -0400

Another source you could try is

Canadawide Scientific cws@canadawide.ca 1-800-267-2362

They are a laboratory / chemical supply outfit. Granted, their
prices for chemicals can be expensive and their catalog listed
quantities are generally 500g (near lifetime supply for some things)
or greater ranging from technical grade on upwards. Get together with
someone and split an order for something or just call and give them
the details of your needs and they might be able to accomadate. I haven't
had many dealings with them but those times that I have they have been
most helpful. They are located in Ottawa.

Someone else mentioned the article on Maxim Muir's site about shopping
for chemicals at the grocery store. Its a good start but not all inclusive.
For example I bought some sodium meta-bisulphite at a local home brewery
shop for approx. $6.00C per Kg. Has anyone started a cross reference
of photo chemicals and their other common or uncommon names and their
sources?

cheers, Graham

At 03:34 PM 6/2/99 -0400, you wrote:

>>I have a letter from a subscriber in Canada mentioning problems getting
>>photo chemicals, especially for "alt," there. I'm not sure whether that's
>>shipping + duty from the US, or from Canadian suppliers, I surmise both or
>>either -- and that ultimately cost is 3 times what we pay in the US and 5
>>

>Suggest that you try this Canadian supplier for alt-photo chemicals:
>
>Nymoc Products Co.
>24 McGee
>Toronto, Ontario
>M4M 2K9
>(416) 465-1929
>
>Nice people, good selection (but not everything), and reasonable prices.
>

>Robert Hudyma, Semi-Tech Corporation, 2800 14th Avenue, Suite 511,
>Markham Ontario, Canada L3R 0E4. Fax: (905) 475-3652
>Email: rhudyma@netcom.ca

      Graham cmm@vianet.on.ca

Are the shadows there fo me to find, or placed there by my searching mind.
When I reach and find them gone, was I right or was I wrong?