Re: Dye Transfer

tshack (tshack@silver-bayou.com)
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 13:17:38 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Bailey <quryhous@midcoast.com>
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
<alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Date: Sunday, June 06, 1999 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: Dye Transfer

>At 05:50 PM 6/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>Anyone doing dye transfer out there? Since Kodak stopped producing the
>>materials it developed for this process, are there any substitutes that
can
>>be used, especially for the dyes.
>
>dwight-
>
>Check the archives for this list - there have been spuratic discussions.
>You might also take a look at the current issue of CAMERA ARTS - there is
>an article with process notes about Gerald Storey's work in it....
>
>Best - Jon Bailey

I did check the archive and found something interesting, basically formulas
for materials. And by serendipity, I did happen to pick up a copy of Camera
Arts yesterday, and without knowing it was about dye transfer, flipped to
Gerry's article. I had just built the registration easel for dye transfer
(that I found the plans for in the 1981 book "Dye Transfer Made Easy") and
then found that magazine. I sent Gerry an email yesterday. Hopefully I'll
here something back.

The other post on the Houston supply source should be useful too. Thanks.

Dwight