Re: color order

Bernard104@aol.com
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 23:15:41 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 99-06-06 19:04:12 EDT, Judy writes:

<< Which is to say, I've never found any preference, except I start with red
 out of habit. I don't start with the yellow because then I can't see the
 image to reregister. If you're reregistering mechanically, though..... >>

I do register mechanically and I start with yellow. But going in I know that
will probably do two or three coats of each color. I have found that yellow
cannot be the last coat if I want good blacks. It seems to have a non
trasparent haze to it. In fact if I have to print a coat of yellow I know
I will probably be putting a least one coat of blue and one coat of red on
top of it. Which is probably why I start with yellow. After one coat of
each color I can start balancing the print to what I want. Usually on a
tri-color gum, the first print from any set of negs require more coats. After
I get the first print the way I want, I can usually analyze my notes and
eliminate some coats. On the second print I will usually print all the
yellow coats first and then alternate the red and blue.

Bernie

Bernard Boudreau