Dichromate concentratiom

Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro@greco.com.br)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:45:17 -0300

Hi List,

I was thinking about saturated solutions. Usually I print with NH4
Dichromate in a saturated solution, but isn't a saturation point also
affected by the liquid's temperature? So, a solution prepared saturated
and used in a darkroom at 19oC won't have the same amount of dissolved
salt as another prepared and used in a 30oC darkroom, will it?
If so, can I heat my dichromate solution to, let's say 30oC and mix it
with gum to have a super saturated coat?
Will the dichromate precipitates in the emulsion as the emulsion cools?
Thanks for any thoughts
Joao