Re: blank messages

Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:20:10 -0700

At 11:36 AM 6/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>A number of messages on the list came out blank. Nothing in them: the ones
>from Donney Thierry and Keith Schreiber on "cyanotype questions." Anyone
>else receive the same? Were they intended to be blank?
>
>Sam Wang

  Both messages came in OK here but contain formatted text. It may be that
your mail reader does not know what to do with it. Both messages were sent
using Microsoft Outlook Express. I think it would be good practice for
those with mail programs which send formatted text (HTML, RTF, etc.) to
turn off all of when posting to mailing lists. There are many mail programs
which can't decode the stuff plus it just about doubles the size of
messages.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.