Re: Gelatin prices

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 20:13:52 -0400

If it works for your application even $4.75 a lb. is a great price for
Bloom 175 gelatin (I presume this is porcine skin gelatin?). The last batch
I purchased from Amersham was at 5 lbs for $42, almost twice your quote.

BTW, you can buy a good Bone Gelain (Ossein Gelatin as some call it) from
Kind and Knox if you purchase in large enough quantity (I believe there is
a 25lb minimum), for about the same price. Their Gelita Photo Bone Gelain,
Type 8053, has worked very well for me in carbon printing, and I think it
should also work well for other dichromate base systems (photogravure, for
example).

Sandy King