Re: Alt-Photo Circle discussion group

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:09:21 -0600

Marilyn,

Over the last year software has matured a great deal. Webboard allows both
e-mail listserve access with digest and >>zipped<< digest as well as
threaded web access. You are supposed to be able to attach images to the
messages but my site managers freaked out over that but I am working on
them now.

I can set up a conference for your reviews if you like. That sounds like a
reasonable conference. I am going cautiously in setting up separate
conferences for each process just yet. Sounds a little to xenophobic to me.
I think in the beginning we all need to share our information especially
when it comes to processes. I will probably set up a "photo education
conference" since that is a new group that has evolving out of APIS and
that seems to be a reasonable separation.

Since many at APIS 99 are also members of this List, the List was a prime
topic of conversation. Some wanted to go with a web based discussion group
others wanted e-mail listserve functions and those who wanted listserve
desperately wanted a digest mode. I talked to a number of folks who dropped
off the list due to the list not having a digest mode and they were getting
flooded with mail.

Take a look and let me know what you would like to see in the way of
functionality.

Go to www.workingpictures.com or
www.bostick-sullivan.com

>Hi Dick,
>
>I'm delighted to see Alt-Photo Circle will be up again. I'm still receiving
>photography books to review for the site and I'm hoping you will let me be a
>part of your site again. I'll wait to hear from you.
>
>Marilyn Dalrymple
>http://members.tripod.com/MarilynDalrymple/lrps-portfolio/index.html

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857
<http://www.bostick-sullivan.com>http://www.bostick-sullivan.com