Re: HMI LIGHT

Campos & Davis Photos (photos@campos-davis.co.uk)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:26:40 +0100

These lights work mainly in the daylight colour temperature spectrum, and
dont have very much more of a UV content than flash. At least thats the
redhead type I've used on location. They are very expensive, but offer
superb colour rendition with daylight colour temperature. I have used them
on jobs where I need to light a huge interior which has daylight flooding
in and artificial mixed lighting aswell, such as my recent shots of St.
Pauls church and power stations. See web site.
I doubt if they are any use for alt processes, but I may be wrong of
course.

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road
London N10 2BT
Tel/Fax + 44 181 883 8638
email: photos@campos-davis.co.uk
WEB SITE: http://www.campos-davis.co.uk

----------
> From: Mac Legrandi <juicebox@my-Deja.com>
> To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
> Subject: Re: HMI LIGHT
> Date: Wednesday, 21 July, 1999 6:18 PM
>
> Hello!
>
> We use HMI's in the film business. THey are VERY expensive. Granted we
use higher wattage than what you are talking about (250W- 12,000W). THe
bulbs are on timers. They don't last long. For a larger wattage bulb 1K or
5K you are talking about several hundred to a thousand dollars. On the
largest HMI's when you rent the unit, you get an extra charge for the time.