What is the best way to produce a contact printer device.

max99@swbell.net
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 07:05:19 -0500

I just joined this list and am excited to be on it. I just completed my
first experience with cyanotype paper and I am going to go home today
and mix up a batch of Van Dyke emulsion for the first time (it's a kit
from PhotoFormulary). Once I get the feel for these two processes I will
start mixing my own chemistry hopefully.

I have been using the sun for exposure but would like to make an indoor
light source so I don't have to rely on the sun. Has anyone experimented
with various types of lights that can be used as a light source for alt
process printing?

Do the chemicals in the Van Dyke process once mixed have to be stored in
glass or is chemical resistant light proof plastic OK?

Does anyone have any suggestions on coating and printing Van Dyke for
the first time? (remember I’m new at this) ?

Thanks for your advise

--
David Lee