Re: something else???

Kalimompro@aol.com
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 14:04:00 -0400 (EDT)

jewelia,

You write like a jazz improviser plays! I dig it, Baby!

kali

In a message dated 7/24/99 4:31:22 PM, jewelia@erols.com writes:

<<thank you for sharing ginette--very much--and also carl, judy, and jeffery,
and anyall others. I hadn't thought so much about how attitudes might have
changed re: children photos on the street and i think about format a good
bit re; the city too--me--i'm a bit hesitant to take out the spiffy 8x10 in
the big city (balt, philly, or wash dc for me usually (and if you want to
see something interesting happen--just set up a view camera on the Mall in
DC sometime)). anyway--i'm a bit leary of takin "E-grette" (the 8x10) to
town because of --well--the same reason people are concerned about their
kids on the street might be a good way to say it. I do okay as an artist
but i can't afford a horde of body guards--or just a big $20. "Diana"
(F3HP) can work wonders?--but you know--the Nikon "KaChunk-ing"
shutter--they say she sounds a sweet-taste, but, seems to draw vanilla
looks. i street with "Dorothea" (Linhoff T3 4x5 w/ black silicon jellied
bellows)--had a few o'these save-paper prints at APIS. Can't afford to go
buy some ridiculous spy camera or a silent-sounds eff-ing $eica, but i've
got my "piece-o-crap 1901 5x7 autograbflex box-of-a-thing" -- "Immogen."
Doubt they'll's have a clue..often-- ..that's a current interest of mine.

I got to thinking about this & that again because well--judy--as you might
imagine--people react differently to me for some reason when i work on the
street (or in national parks--although i feel much safer there and so many
rangers are just gorgeous!)--don't figure?--anyway--a point would be is that
i don't expect too many persons to react positively to me asking them to
sign my model release after and in fact--doing so, i think, would be
extrememly dangerous--"HEY YOU--CUM MERE..and beat my extrememly dangerous--"HEY YOU--CUM MERE..and beat my t@queer.ass up."
asking before--well--that's still real dangerous too and can put me within
reach of someone maybe i should be far away from (please excuse my
dangling@participle.but that's about all it can do.) and, as you say
judy--well if you're going to ask them first--well--you're sort of doing a
studio avedon-thingy on the street and my interest in my current work is
"raw" meat.

I'm not working in a studio environment with form but found your story
interesting to read ginette. hope you have more to say from time to time.
i wouldn't worry about stepping on toes too much by the way--i mean--seems a
traditional list practice--so your input is a bit refreshing to say the
least--tosay more: writing--e-mail more than other ways--is bound to be more
confusing--on the good side--it seems almost natural that chaotic way and
communication is what we live in everyday--and--well--they'll just have to
get over it if you do. solving technical problems is fine and a good reason
for bandaids and a list maybe--but we are also an alternative community--
or.. like a dysfunctional serial family?

of course, there are a number of souls/oles out there (somewhere i hear)
just waiting for any slip so they can put it on and pounce on you--that's
one of the main reasons i see photography, and art, as so one of the main reasons i see photography, and art, as so very@sexy.yum --
intercourse -- how delightful in all its forms-- and of course the body has
always been an extemely popular subject --including artists' bodies of work
over which emotions splay--anyway, given all that, welcome!, ...but keep in
mind... some like it rough and some--well--like the gentle touch. Me--i
just can't get enough--i love it all! www.gimme.gimme!

--i think the list would be a lot better place if more people shared their
experiences more---- i know there are a lot of others out there?--i'll leave
it at that today--got some other writing to do--for now.....

thinking of yous,

jewelia Margueritta Cameroon
--www.mes.us's ...www.hot --www.mes.us's ...www.hot out@today.--!... www.E-Babbles.on!>>