Re: PLATINE?-- darling, what's for lunch?

EmanArchiv@aol.com
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:05:28 -0400 (EDT)

What's for lunch? What IS lunch? I rarely get around to it myself depending
solely on cappuccino to get me through till din-din. Maybe a snack this
afternoon?
1000 sf Dark room? Wet & dry areas? I had to get out my dribble cup, which
only goes to show I need to move!

RE: solarization...It sounded like more chemistry is needed or at the very
least, as someone else mentioned, more metal. I hate it when tried and
"true" methods bomb and bring on hours of experimenting. With all the
commercial work I have to do, the last thing I need is to experiment for
hours on a platinum job. I've played around w/humidity w/no discernible
difference but then most folks I've met don't use Platine or hate it.
Chicago gets mighty dry in the winter and I will run a humidifier
for general comfort and bring it into the coating area when that's happening
but I don't really pay much attention to it. But most important of my
methods is allowing the paper to sit after coating for 10 minutes before
using the hair dryer and bringing the paper to bone dry state. Good luck!

Completely off that subject...I am in the midst of a personal art project
I've titled 100 Days as it is taking place over 100 days. Everyday I create
one new image from digital or scanned images, found objects, prints I've
made, etc, etc, and send them to folks all around the world. It's free.
It's amusing (if I may say so). It's virus-free! My mailing list includes
folks in Tokyo, Macao, Hong Kong, England, and all over the US. Since my
time to work in the conventional optical/chemical realm is very limited and
usually dedicated to client work, I decided that creating new works via the
computer and sharing them worldwide is a great way for me to keep my creative
edge going. If you'd like to be added to my mailing list, contact me
directly >>> emanarchiv@aol.com >>>>> and you will begin receiving my
mailings.

Eric Nelson
Chicago, Ill.