Re: Solarizations with Platine and Pt

Roger Hein (rogein@interlog.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:34:52 -0400

Just a thought and a question on 'terminology' - is the observed
'effect' solariztion or severe 'bronzing'? (Hard for me to tell -
sometimes they appear quite similar)

Anyways, a possible explanation would be too much light hitting too
little emulsion? I find that Arches Platine needs, in my situation,
more emulsion than Crane's Platinotype. For a 4x5 neg I find using
about 16 drops of total solution works well with the Arches; 12 drops
total for the Crane's.

Hope this helps,
Roger...

--