Re: Freestyle dupe film or SO132

Hamish Stewart (hamish.stewart@wanadoo.fr)
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:40:42 +0100

Yes,

I used to use another version of a similar Kodak product 4168 also I
think SO336 (I stand to be corrected). Liked this film very much, but the
exposures where long - though once you have worked out the right time for
your negs, I found you can often use a standard time. Develop in Dektol
at either 1:1 or straight up to 5 mins. This for gum - other processes
you would want to run longer time or use stronger dev - perhaps D-19
would give the additional density for other processes that need it.

The film eventually became unavailable in australia so I stopped using
it. Also for my gum prints lith negs work well and being restricted to no
larger than 8x10 is also a little frustrating. This other thing to
remember is that this film also makes your exposures longer due to the
high density of the film base...

Cheers
Hamish