Man Ray and Film

From: dean kansky (dkansky@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 15:14:08 /etc/localtime

This is off-topic is a little off topic, but only a little.

In "Experimental Cinema", by David Curtis, I found out that Man Ray made
animated "Rayographs".

Rather than filming anything, as in a photogram, he placed objects directly
on the film itself, exposed it to light, and then HAND developed it. But
since he did this with film, he could play a photogram movie.

In the films "Le Retour a la Raison" and "Emak Bakia", Man Ray uses, in
part, this method.

Questions:

Also, does anyone know WHAT move film I would need and HOW I could go about
hand developing it? Does anyone know where I might find such film?

If not, does anyone know of a source of information (book, website, e-list)
where I might find this technical information?

Feel free to contact me off list if you like.