Re: Cyanotypes

From: FotoDave@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 21:49:08 /etc/localtime

Hi, I have always wanted to try cyanotype but so far haven't, so it's so to
follow the recent thread of cyanotype.

I am wondering if anyone knows the chemical action of a cyanotype print
*after* it is developed, not during development since the latter has been
described in some books. In particular, I read that it can fade under light
and then restore to its tone after storage in dark. What is going on there? I
also read that after exposure and development, you basically get Prussian
blue as the image, but if we use Prussian blue watercolor or paint, we don't
seem to have the problem of fading as described in cyanotype print (at least
I have never heard or read about that in artists' books).

If you don't know the exact answer, I would still appreciate it if you could
point me to some direction especially if you are familiar with chemistry.

Thanks in advance!

Dave Soemarko

=== See Soemarko's Direct Carbon (alternative) process at
=== http://hometown.aol.com/fotodave/SDC/SdcIndex.html