Re: Cyanotypes

From: SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 01:01:40 /etc/localtime

Judy et al,

I tested that acid bath for cyanotypes idea along with a number of other things
last spring and nothing happened. However, I might point out that the tap water
here, I use for washing, is natuarlly, slightly acidic. I suspect that in
locations where the tap water is slightly basic one would get a little
bleaching so maybe that is the origin of the acid bath idea. Like the
hydrogen peroxide idea, it keeps popping up. The only reason for using
hydrogen peroxide is to see right away what your prints will look like after
they have dried overnight.

Bob Schramm