Digital negatives and scans

From: dean kansky (dkansky@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 18:57:20 /etc/localtime

I am new to all of this.

I can scan and then print them. Question? How good is the final product of a
scan? In the ball park of a regular photo?

If so, at what res do I need to have the image scanned at?

Using digital, can I turn a photogram (or even a photograph) into a
negative?

One having a printed the digital negative, I will (by contact printing)
produce a positive.

Is the resulting image, printed from a digital neg, something which has the
same (or close to the same) quality as an image printed from traditional
negative?

are there any good books on this?