Re: Glass for UV exposure frames?

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 20:14:31 /etc/localtime

>The particular gum used might also
>respond differently at different nms, etc. In fact differences of glass
>could also account for other unexplained differences...

I think the particular gum would matter little or none. In fact, all of the
colloids (gum, gelatin, fish glue,etc.) respond in a remarkably similar way
to UV light, although the different ways they are used in practice may
suggest otherwise.

>However, the variables being infinite (little as I know on the topic I do
>know different colors & pigments respond differently to UV, as shown in
>their different fading & exposure times)

Absolutely. With colloid photography blue pigments give more contrast and
less speed than yellow/orange pigments.

Sandy King